Dangerous goods are items or substances that may endanger the safety of an aircraft, passengers or cargo on board. The following dangerous goods have restrictions for air travel and must be confirmed for carriage with Alliance Airlines prior to travel.
Alliance Airlines will not carry, and passengers must not include in carry on or checked baggage or otherwise attempt to bring on board, goods or items which are prohibited by the applicable laws, regulations or orders of any state to be flown from, to or over; goods or items likely to endanger the aircraft or persons or property on board the aircraft, or items that may become dangerous or are dangerous, such as those specified in the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air, or the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations or the Our policies or regulations. Further information is available on request.
Without limiting the above, the following types of restricted articles are examples of articles which must not be carried in your baggage. If you have any doubt about what you may carry please request more information from us before you travel.
- Corrosives e.g. acids, alkaline, mercury and wet cell batteries.
- Compressed gases e.g. refrigerants, flammable and poisonous such as butane and aqualung cylinders.
- Flammable liquids and solids e.g. lighter or heating fuel, matches, paints and articles easily ignited.
- Oxidising materials, organic peroxides or toxic substances
- Radioactive materials and all poisons e.g. insecticides and weed killers.
- Infectious substances e.g. live virus substances.
- Explosives, munitions, fireworks and flares.
- Miscellaneous items and substances include dry ice and petrol engines.
- Firearms and weapons of any type such as blades, knives, and sharp items are not permitted in the cabin but may be allowed by Alliance Airlines as checked baggage under certain circumstances.
- Medicines and toiletries in limited quantities and alcoholic beverages may be carried in checked or cabin baggage (maximum 2 litres or 2 kg).
- Live animals except as allowed under certain circumstances.
You must not tender dangerous goods or potentially dangerous goods for carriage as baggage and must indemnify Alliance and hold Alliance harmless for any loss, claim or damage suffered by Alliance or third parties caused by your carriage of such goods.
Alliance Airlines reserves the right to determine what items are unsuitable for carriage because they are dangerous, unsafe or because of their weight, size, shape or character, or which are fragile or perishable.
Alliance Airlines may do what whatever we consider appropriate in dealing with such goods which includes destroying, abandoning and/or retaining as evidence any such goods. Your attention is drawn to signage throughout departure terminals for more information.
For any queries or concerns with regards to the above information contact Alliance Network Operations for approval on +61 7 3212 1532.
For further information on dangerous goods download the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) Dangerous Goods App – can I pack that?
Dangerous Goods - FAQ
Dangerous Goods - Carriage Of Batteries
Dangerous Goods - Lithium Batteries